Social Support for Recovery
- The Key Benefits of Social Support to a Recovering Addict
- Self-Validation in Recovery
- An Increased Sense of Belonging in Sobriety
- Our Social Supports
- Not Sure What To Do Next?
- Instrumental Group Support
- Reduced Triggers For Drug Use
The Key Benefits of Social Support to a Recovering Addict
Social support is one of the most crucial components of the addiction recovery journey. All recovery experts advise that any recovering addict should find ways in which they can get quality social support. This support helps one to be more successful in living a sober life.
One can get great social support from family members, an anonymous recovery group, their halfway house or any sober community. The social networks need to be aware of the challenges that one is going through so that they can offer compassionate and empathetic support. There are those that will benefit from a counseling session so that they can understand how their behavior affects the behavior of the recovering addict.